Monday, February 25, 2013

The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?


Zion and Jerusalem, February 25, 2013




The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?

(New Testament | John 7:20)


Dear Bobby Gilpin, good morning to you too.

Dear friend, I also hope all is good on that side of the Atlantic river, but I am not so sure all is well. Believe it or not, or amuse you or not, I had a terrible encounter and exchange with the enemies of all righteousness yesterday. For it is written: The zeal of my Father’s house eats me up, and the reproach of them that reproach him has fallen upon me in these latter days.



For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

(Old Testament | Psalms 69:9)



It is because the money exchangers of this wicked and perverse generation, have turned my father’s house in a den or robbers. And I believe, as Christ did, I overthrew the table of some if not all the money exchangers. And they got very mad at me. And in extreme persecution, I saw the Devil as an old wolf, white and creamy in appearance in my dreams still persecuting me fiercely. But the Good LORD and merciful LORD provided me wings, good speed and an affordable escape from his grasp. And when he could not fetch me, he bruised my heel and started sniffing and crying to me with a question like this, that now, that I had detected his robbery, that how then, was he going to be able to eat. Then when I was in a safe distance from him, I saw him, sniffing and eating dust. And then I woke up. For it is written.


For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

(Old Testament | Psalms 69:9)

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

(Old Testament | Genesis 3:14 - 15)

I am not just telling you this. I do not know how it pertains to you other that I told you a day or so ago, that I also fight against spiritual entities of the unseen world.  This is just my way of recording what I see, hear and do in my dreams and of what will shortly come to pass so I do not forger it.  I write all things and this manuscript is one of my books of remembrances.



NOW, Bobby Gilpin you said to me, both the day before yesterday and today all these words:




“Thanks for that bud, I would be interested to know how you feel I am persecuting you? I am guessing that in reality you are using that as a quote from Christ to make a point rather than it is actually the case.

I am still waiting for a response from you on my blog to my last comment so I will wait on that before I respond to above.
love you bud good to be in touch,.


“Morning Miguel, hope all is good.

I like you man, I think we are both similar in that we are very confident of our positions. I have chosen so far to not give very long answers to you as you are putting that much work in, it helps me know where you are coming from early on in our discussions. Its a little amusing that you are using many of the same bible verses I have used with Mormons in the past, this can be done to justify any position but I understand your thought behind it.

I sometimes wish Mormons would stand back and look at how they make themselves sound with this cry of persecution. You are saying that I am persecuting you like the Apostle Paul did with Christians before His conversion, I mean really???? Am I going out there killing Mormons, I am happy to say this is not the case.

My purpose in what I do is to help Mormons see that their salvation is not dependant upon, priesthood authority, or temple ordnances or church attendance or tithing and so on, but rather it is completely and 100% found in trusting in Christ. I know I am going to be with Christ in eternity because I have Him interceding for me and because I carry His righteousness. No sin has been imputed to me certainly through talking to you nor at all as there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ (Romans 8:1)

I would be interested to talk some more to you bud, you can carry on giving me 5 pages of religious speak every time if you want, or just tell me about yourself how long have you been Mormon? Are you a part of the salt lake church or another movement? Where are you from?
Or you can just cry persecution some more, your choice.
Love you bud and talk soon”



And my reply to you and to all that may give heed with all due respect and formality is this:

Indeed Bobby, Indeed the LORD is pleading your cause.  And I am showing you that I love you more than you love me or like me. I have no reservations whatsoever and I do not dispute that I do err in details, but almost never in principle for faith is not a perfect knowledge.  But it is a hard thing to kick against the pricks as you and your companions are doing with a lot of traitors, apostates and dissenters of our church to your own hurt. Have you not read the scriptures that says that the stone that the builders rejected has become the corner stone. And that whosever shall fall upon this rock shall be rent in pieces. And that onto whosoever this stone falls will be grinded unto powder. Here is the law and the testimony:”

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

(Old Testament | Isaiah 28:16 - 17)


(Old Testament | Isaiah 28:16 - 22)

And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

(New Testament | Luke 20:17 - 18)

Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

(New Testament | 1 Peter 2:6 - 8)



Bobby, can’t you see that you are kicking agsint the pricks. Instead of using the light and knowledge that you have in the scriptures, you are using it to attack the greater light.  You are a man of no small reputation. I do not know about the fellows that are with you, but you are a worthy contender and I have not given up on you just yet. And the LORD is calling you to fight for him and his cause and not against him if you are willing as Paul to suffer for his cause.  And only then the scales that are preventing you from seeing the light and truth in the resorted Church of Jesus Christ will being to fall from your eyes and you as Paul becomes worthy to suffer for the kingdom as Paul did.  But how can that happen unless you first exercise faith and take the initiation steps.

Here is the great prologue. Maybe this will help you refresh your memory and reconsider your perspectives against us. In the great prologue perhaps you can see that we are here from the beginning and that we are here to stay forever and ever. You have no chance against us. It is not us who you are fighting but Jesus Christ, our founding father and the rock of eternity. 





THE GREAT PROLOGUE
By
Mark E Petersen.



If you were following righteousness as you ignorantly claim, you would be doing Abraham works, or better yet Christ works, for he propitiated a more excellent way.  And He, the LORD did this: He showed to the Father that he would be obedient in all things. Second that he will not put himself above the law. So, he fulfilled all righteousness by doing what? By  coming to us, or by going to John the Baptist, the only authorized and worthy priest of his time, to be property baptized; and to show unto the Father his humility and to be able to return to his exalted position that he held in heaven.  So thus far, Bobby, the works that the LORD did, or that we believe he did we must also do. Therefore, the ritual or sign of baptism is essential, when performed correctly and by the proper authority. This shows the authorities of God on earth and in the heavens that you are willing to make covenants with God obey him in all things. And the heavens in response bestow upon you the gift of the Holy Ghost, by which you can when proven faithful in all things be baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost. And that is barely the entrance or gate of the kingdom of heaven. 

There are other steps to follow and then all is left is to w endure to the end in retaining the remission of our sins. But which convert, but Christ and little children, have not sinned after baptism and before being baptized with fire and of the Holy Ghost If any at all.  If any at all, there are very few or none, for the scriptures tell us that there is not one righteous, not even one. And if there is one, it must be because of the power of the Holy Ghost that guided that person in righteousness.  And no one, not even Christ could have received this right, but until he was himself baptized and followed the first steps that he has commanded us all to follow, if we truly love him. And this is why works are essential up to this point. And because we are not perfect yet, we grow grace by grace until by obedience and sacrifice, among other things, we attain the stature of Christ and are made equal or one him.   Then we proceed with the rest of the ordinances of the gospel you may or may not know about. 

Now, I actually see the same potential in you as Paul in you.  You may even be a priesthood holder with the same privileges as us any of us, pending you repent, you have are properly baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by the lying of hands. And then you can expect to be ordained, but that is a decision that you alone will have to make as we did. But, you may never be in this life, unless you come and get your blessings from us or after you are death you can be ordained with the express purpose so that you can stand in the presence of GOD and face judgment. 

Now, what did Paul say to the LORD when he was struck by the light and became blinded? He asked the LORD something like this. What will you have me do LORD?  The LORD did not even forgive his sins on the spot. But he was directed to go to an elder of the Church, which was already under way and blessed him so he could receive his sight. Then he baptized him, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and then and there he was sent out into the world with the great commission, to preach the world and to suffer as you see me suffer for righteousness sake. For the LORD had said to him who would baptize him and ordain him, that he would show how much Paul would have to suffer for his redemption and/or for the LORD’s cause.  Before he can be blessed he had three serious days of retrospection in the very gall of bitterness and repenting of all the evil he had committed against the church and the saints. He as per say did not kill anyone, but consented to their death or confabulated or combined with the enemies of Christ and his church as, you Robert Gilpin have been doing all along. Therefore, Paul fasted until his resolution was made to serve God. Here is the law and the testimony:

AND Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:  And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

And he said, Who art thou, Lord?  And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?  And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias.  And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight. Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name. But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

(New Testament | Acts 9:1 - 18)





So, as you see,  Paul had to work his salvation with fear and trembling as we must all do. His great spiritual experience when he saw the light and heard the LORD did not in itself save him, much less authorize him to preach the gospel.  Many of you who claim to be born again Christians due to a great spiritual manifestation by the power of the holy Ghost think that that is it, that you are saved, but you have not followed suit or required of the LORD as Paul did when he said: Lord what wilt thou have me do. And if by any chance you did enquire of the LORD the spirit guided you to our church and you investigate us.  Then you are faced with the questions of whether to believe of not believe. At that moment, you are left alone and the spirit withdraws from you until you make your choice. If you follow thru, then you are baptized, and receive the right to have the spirit of GOD with you always as long as you remain faithful and steadfast. It is not required for you to be perfect at first, even thou some miracles can take place in those who truly seek after the truth. But as long as you are sincerely trying the spirit will help you until you are wholly embraced by him as it did with Christ. Only then, you will receive a witness of heaven of the Father, and of the Son and of the truth of all things that are pertaining to your salvation.  And before you know it, you will also receive a testimony of Jesus Christ, which is the spirit of prophecy and revelation and then you will be able to speak with the tongue of angels or as one having authority.  Your convictions or sensations will not only be visual or mental but heart felt or indelible.  

I will now briefly explain how you are persecuting me and even killing me. And I warn your that we do not deny the scriptures or use them to justify just any point but the truth.  You see, you are fulfilling prophecy. You are saying to me the exact same thing that those who intended to destroy Jesus, his saints and his church did say to him.




The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?

(New Testament | John 7:20)

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

(New Testament | John 8:40)

And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin?  And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

(New Testament | John 8:45 - 47)

In the end, for preaching the truth and for declaring the iniquities of the people Jesus was Crucified and Killed.  So where a great many of the prophets, saints and apostles before and after him, William Tyndale, Joseph and Hyrum Smith, among others included. Do I need to give you any more explanations? Therfore, I am not delusional as you may suppose when I also say why are you trying to kill me. The pattern is the same, only a different messenger. As a matter of fact, last night, in the visions of the night dream, I saw a ravenous old wolf or the devil in pursuit running in all his might to attack me. As I said before, we have come to overturn the tables of the money exchangers, to break open their piggy bank with which the lucre, to reprove the word for their evil deeds and in so doing we become disturbers and annoyer of the kingdom of the devil. And for this we are persecuted and hated.

Here is another example of how you are trying to kill me, similar to the experience of Paul which adds or reaffirm the doctrines of the Bible and to overthrow your carnal reasoning and your false doctrines. Do you remember the conversion of Alma the younger in the book of Mormon?  You should read it. You will learn much about yourself by doing that. He was  already a member of the church, but  an unbelieving one. He and the sons of Mosiah, the last standing King before the government of the Judges, they as you were perverting the right ways of the LORD and becoming a great hindrance to those who were truly seeking the truth.  They were persecuting the church and murdering them spiritually, inasmuch that when the missionaries got to them, they believe not in them.  How did they do that? By Lies, by deceptions and calumnies as you are also doing, but pretending that you are doing the LORD’s work, even as the Murderous INQUISITORS who murdered a lot of saints and Jews. And you are one of them. Here is the account of these things that justifies what I have just mentioned about them, because as you, they once were the vilest of sinners.





Now the sons of Mosiah were numbered among the unbelievers; and also one of the sons of Alma was numbered among them, he being called Alma, after his father; nevertheless, he became a very wicked and an idolatrous man.  And he was a man of many words, and did speak much flattery to the people; therefore he led many of the people to do after the manner of his iniquities. And he became a great hinderment to the prosperity of the church of God; stealing away the hearts of the people; causing much dissension among the people; giving a chance for the enemy of God to exercise his power over them.

And now it came to pass that while he was going about to destroy the church of God, for he did go about secretly with the sons of Mosiah seeking to destroy the church, and to lead astray the people of the Lord, contrary to the commandments of God, or even the king— And as I said unto you, as they were going about rebelling against God, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto them; and he descended as it were in a cloud; and he spake as it were with a voice of thunder, which caused the earth to shake upon which they stood; And so great was their astonishment, that they fell to the earth, and understood not the words which he spake unto them. Nevertheless he cried again, saying: Alma, arise and stand forth, for why persecutest thou the church of God?  For the Lord hath said: This is my church, and I will establish it; and nothing shall overthrow it, save it is the transgression of my people. And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the knowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come to convince thee of the power and authority of God, that the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith. And now behold, can ye dispute the power of God?  For behold, doth not my voice shake the earth?  And can ye not also behold me before you?  And I am sent from God.

(Book of Mormon | Mosiah 27:8 - 15)

And now Alma and those that were with him fell again to the earth, for great was their astonishment; for with their own eyes they had beheld an angel of the Lord; and his voice was as thunder, which shook the earth; and they knew that there was nothing save the power of God that could shake the earth and cause it to tremble as though it would part asunder. And now the astonishment of Alma was so great that he became dumb, that he could not open his mouth; yea, and he became weak, even that he could not move his hands; therefore he was taken by those that were with him, and carried helpless, even until he was laid before his father. And they rehearsed unto his father all that had happened unto them; and his father rejoiced, for he knew that it was the power of God. And he caused that a multitude should be gathered together that they might witness what the Lord had done for his son, and also for those that were with him. And he caused that the priests should assemble themselves together; and they began to fast, and to pray to the Lord their God that he would open the mouth of Alma, that he might speak, and also that his limbs might receive their strength—that the eyes of the people might be opened to see and know of the goodness and glory of God.

And it came to pass after they had fasted and prayed for the space of two days and two nights, the limbs of Alma received their strength, and he stood up and began to speak unto them, bidding them to be of good comfort: For, said he, I have repented of my sins, and have been redeemed of the Lord; behold I am born of the Spirit. And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. I say unto you, unless this be the case, they must be cast off; and this I know, because I was like to be cast off. Nevertheless, after wading through much tribulation, repenting nigh unto death, the Lord in mercy hath seen fit to snatch me out of an everlasting burning, and I am born of God. My soul hath been redeemed from the gall of bitterness and bonds of iniquity.  I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God.  My soul was racked with eternal torment; but I am snatched, and my soul is pained no more. I rejected my Redeemer, and denied that which had been spoken of by our fathers; but now that they may foresee that he will come, and that he remembereth every creature of his creating, he will make himself manifest unto all.

(Book of Mormon | Mosiah 27:18 - 30)

And the angel spake more things unto me, which were heard by my brethren, but I did not hear them; for when I heard the words—If thou wilt be destroyed of thyself, seek no more to destroy the church of God—I was struck with such great fear and amazement lest perhaps I should be destroyed, that I fell to the earth and I did hear no more. But I was racked with eternal torment, for my soul was harrowed up to the greatest degree and racked with all my sins. Yea, I did remember all my sins and iniquities, for which I was tormented with the pains of hell; yea, I saw that I had rebelled against my God, and that I had not kept his holy commandments. Yea, and I had murdered many of his children, or rather led them away unto destruction; yea, and in fine so great had been my iniquities, that the very thought of coming into the presence of my God did rack my soul with inexpressible horror. Oh, thought I, that I could be banished and become extinct both soul and body, that I might not be brought to stand in the presence of my God, to be judged of my deeds. And now, for three days and for three nights was I racked, even with the pains of a damned soul.

(Book of Mormon | Alma 36:11 - 16)

And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them, for they were the very vilest of sinners.  And the Lord saw fit in his infinite mercy to spare them; nevertheless they suffered much anguish of soul because of their iniquities, suffering much and fearing that they should be cast off forever.

(Book of Mormon | Mosiah 28:4)

Now Bobby, that is the predicament in which I myself was found, for Even though, I have been a member of the church for as long as I can remember, and after strong beliefs, many testimonies and heavenly manifestations, I could not make myself obedient to the commandments of God. I never thought to ever leave the church, but I was one the vilest sinners, even though I had been baptized and was an ordained priest. And I fell or descended very low, even below all things like Paul, Alma and even the sons of Mosiah. And my soul was racked with pain, it was unbearable to bear. Three days of fasting will not cut it for me. The LORD was angry at me. And he was not going to make my return from the pit of hell easy. I had to plead and fast for forty days and forty nights.  Twenty one of them were complete abstinence. MY flesh decayed as if dead. I could feel the vermin of a spiritually dead man crawling around my flesh. And after much trial, the Lord came to me and baptized me with fire and with the Holy Ghost. And I became a new creature, even a new born. On that day O forgot everything and became like a little child.  The sweet Joy I felt when I was born again, was a great or as exquisite as my suffering. As Christ, and those whom I have mentioned above, I became acquainted with grief. On that late and infernal October, Mount Miguel was on fire. Literally.


mt miguel on fire


So great were the sins that I had on me, that on that clear night, somewhere around 4:AM on October 21-21 of 2007, a think cloud gathered from nowhere and surrounded me. I felt that the finger of God touched my forehead. Then the cloud fled to the West from where I live. Then I went back to try to sleep. And when I woke up, I saw in the news that Seven great fires sprang out of no where in the West and said in Very big and bold letters. Mount Miguel is on fire.  And ever since I have preached the gospel of repentance and begun to fire at filthy souls.

I testify that these things are incredible but true. As Joseph Smith said concerning the first vision he had or as Paul before Agrippa, I do not blame people or anyone under heaven for that matter, for not believing me or my story. I would not have believed it myself had I not experienced these things. Ever since, the scriptures are open unto me. Ever since I see and hear things that the natural man cannot see. And because I will not take back my words or deny the truth, I have suffered in great anguish and persecution even the insufferable as if I were the marred servant. As a result, I have been sent to mental hospitals and even to jail, committed against my will to observation and poisoned with deadly substances. The language of prayer or of the scriptures is very threatening to people. And they I suppose are not obligated to believe me and therefore, they have to take by law certain precautions.  I believe much and that is why I see and do much. And as a missionary leader in the area where I am assigned to work, I am sent out to proclaim all these things, first to influence people for good and if not to reprove them or fail them and take away their justification. For if I who was the weakest of the weak repented, so they can if the do a little work. And unless they do what I did or become  born again, they will have to suffer, as we have suffered. And It is better to suffer these things here temporarily than to suffer them forever in the living hell. 

And what the lord says unto one he says unto all. And of these things I testify solemnly and humbly, as one having authority  in the sacred name of Jesus Christ amen.

 Yours Trully From an unworthy servant in the hands of Christ.

Miguel Angel tinoco Rodfriguez




Wherefore, fear and tremble, O ye people, for what I the Lord have decreed in them shall be fulfilled. And verily I say unto you, that they who go forth, bearing these tidings unto the inhabitants of the earth, to them is power given to seal both on earth and in heaven, the unbelieving and rebellious; Yea, verily, to seal them up unto the day when the wrath of God shall be poured out upon the wicked without measure— Unto the day when the Lord shall come to recompense unto every man according to his work, and measure to every man according to the measure which he has measured to his fellow man.

Wherefore the voice of the Lord is unto the ends of the earth, that all that will hear may hear: Prepare ye, prepare ye for that which is to come, for the Lord is nigh; And the anger of the Lord is kindled, and his sword is bathed in heaven, and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth.


And the arm of the Lord shall be revealed; and the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord, neither the voice of his servants, neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles, shall be cut off from among the people; For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant; They seek not the Lord to establish his righteousness, but every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which waxeth old and shall perish in Babylon, even Babylon the great, which shall fall.

The Strong Arm of the Lord..jpg (58KB, 378 x 209)

1 comment:

  1. Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments; And also gave commandments to others, that they should proclaim these things unto the world; and all this that it might be fulfilled, which was written by the prophets— The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh— But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world; That faith also might increase in the earth; That mine everlasting covenant might be established; That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.

    (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:7 - 24)

    Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their language, that they might come to understanding. And inasmuch as they erred it might be made known; And inasmuch as they sought wisdom they might be instructed; And inasmuch as they sinned they might be chastened, that they might repent; And inasmuch as they were humble they might be made strong, and blessed from on high, and receive knowledge from time to time.

    And after having received the record of the Nephites, yea, even my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., might have power to translate through the mercy of God, by the power of God, the Book of Mormon. And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased, speaking unto the church collectively and not individually— For I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance; Nevertheless, he that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven;

    And he that repents not, from him shall be taken even the light which he has received; for my Spirit shall not always strive with man, saith the Lord of Hosts.

    And again, verily I say unto you, O inhabitants of the earth: I the Lord am willing to make these things known unto all flesh; For I am no respecter of persons, and will that all men shall know that the day speedily cometh; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand, when peace shall be taken from the earth, and the devil shall have power over his own dominion. And also the Lord shall have power over his saints, and shall reign in their midst, and shall come down in judgment upon Idumea, or the world.

    Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled. hat I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

    For behold, and lo, the Lord is God, and the Spirit beareth record, and the record is true, and the truth abideth forever and ever. Amen.

    (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:25 - 39)



    ReplyDelete