Thursday, March 7, 2013

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.


 Zion and Jerusalem, March 7, 2013



Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

(New Testament | John 3:11)


Here is evidence that the word of God or all scripture is good or profitable for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness.  

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

(New Testament | 2 Timothy 3:16 - 17)


Certain man named  SteveL said to me in response to a post I published in response to another post written by Bobby Gilpin


SteveL says:


Miguel, I clicked on the link you provided and saw, amongst other things, a lot of name-calling and finger-pointing directed at Bobby. Here are some examples:-
“But you Bobby, ignorantly talking about things that you do not know chose to follow the council of the Devil ”

“stop feeding from the dust that the devil gives you”

“He knows the truth as much as Satan”

I am very concerned by this tone. Firstly, you are putting yourself in a position of judgement regarding Bobby, by claiming that he is talking about things he does not know. You are free to disagree with him, but I think you should stick to the perceived flaws in his argument instead of just saying that he doesn’t know what he is talking about. Of more concern however, is that you are claiming that he is following ‘dust’ and ‘council’ from the Devil. Having read Bobby’s post, his argument is put across relying fully on the Bible to back up all of his claims. Are you really trying to imply, as a follower of Christ, that the Bible contains the council of the Devil, or should be called ‘dust’ from the Devil?

Miguel, you then go on to say:

” you Bobby, know about GOD but do not know him unless you do what he did every wit. And that is being Christ like”

You are setting a high standard here Miguel. Are you living up to this standard? Do you do everything that God does?? I doubt it. No human has or ever will fulfil the law, that is why Christ has done it for us. It is more important to live by this: “if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him” – (1 Corinthians 8:3) Are you known by God?

Let’s get back to Bobby’s post. It is challenging the LDS teaching that God was once a man and that we can become gods, using Biblical teaching to prove that this is not the case, and using plenty of LDS quotes to prove that LDS beliefs and practices contradict the Biblical view. Has he presented the differences between the LDS view and the Biblical view clearly and fairly or not?

 
Previous to the above comment, Bobby said that he agrees with me,




March 5, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Thanks Miguel, and my name is BOBBY haha,
I have checked your post and I can only say I agree with you, please people reading this compare the two sides to this discussion.
Reply



Bus as you had read, the Devil jumped in and showed up to defend Bobby and before that the devil in Bobby also laughed.

And this is my response to all of them who listen to the devil and eat from us dust like him.  
Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us?  and who knoweth us? Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not?  or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

(Old Testament | Isaiah 29:15 - 16)

And it is also written to those that want to be saved and do what the LORD has asked us all to do, so that they know how angels fire at filthy souls.

My name is Miguel Angel, the purpose here brethren is not to offend anyone but to stir to repentance the wicked soul with the truth. And when we endeavor to serve the LORD at all cost, it is not possible to do it without offending the devil, for he gets offended at every act of righteousness we perform. And the word of God which is in me, is like a sharp sword sharper than a sword of two edges, that cuts asunder joint and marrow. It only pierces the wicked soul because they find the truth hard and it pierces them to the very center. And because the word is good it causes a reaction and that is the evidence of your wickedness.

My struggle is not against flesh or blood brethren, but against spiritual entities entrenched in high places. And when I fight them, I do it girded with the whole amour of God. This is no child’s play, this is a fight to the death, and  if you cannot stand the tone or the fire do not start one. For as the prophets said, we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

(New Testament | Ephesians 6:12)





I only say what I see and what I hear I speak. If you do not know what eating dust is or means that is your problem. I have seen Bobby as a ravenous wolf persecuting me and eating dust because the devil is in him and I have detected him. I have told him so already, but he does not believe it. And unless all of you rise up from the dust, that is your fallen condition, that is your carnal, sensual and sign and proof seeking devilish nature, which make you idolaters and adulterers, you will not see the light of day or understand doctrines that are beyond the reach of most people. I say idolaters because you call my God the god of the Bible as if he were not your god also. And adulterers because you adulterate his written word as the ancient Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and publicans, and in so doing you apostatize and depart from him whoring as the infidels after other gods.  And what Christ justly said to them, I say unto you in a way of remembrance and my judgment is right: The wicked and adulterous generation demands proof or a sing but no sing or proof will be given but the sings of the prophet Jonas.  Behold the word of the LORD which says:


An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

(New Testament | Matthew 12:39 - 42)


You come to us trying to dissect our doctrines and teachings, as if the burden of proof was in us to satisfy your lusts and concupiscence.  If you have a problem with our beliefs and doctrines take it up with God who gave them to us. If you ask in faith he will tell you and you will know as we know. Yet without asking for the mind of GOD you cannot comprehend what you do not know. Because you want to run before learning to walk. What you are doing is fault finding, criticizing, meddling and wrestling instead of feasting upon the word of GOD. It is like dissecting or talking about or what is inside a walled city from without by reasoning alone. It would be like teaching a six year old boy how to create an atomic bomb.  This is what you are ever learning. You want to know, but never come to knowledge of the truth because you believe that knowing is more important than practicing what you already know. The testimony that you purport to give or challenge is not true; it is mainly a theory. And this is why you do not enquire of GOD to know as we know. And if you do enquire of him, you do not do it with real intent or to act upon the given answer. You carnal nature will not allow you to trust, not just any feeling, but the fruits of the spirit then to do as you are supposed to do. And because you are double minded and doubtful you do not receive anything more from the LORD as James explained in his epistle when he said:

 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.  For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

(New Testament | James 1:5 - 8)

And then, since you will not believe the truth, the spirit of the devil sets in and you are more likely to believe a lie.

In my previous post I gave you a living example of eternal progression and you saw it not. I do not write of my own self but by the power of the Holy Ghost and the authority of our father in heaven, so unless you speedily repent, yea, very speedily, in the last day my words will rise as a bright testimony against you or for your eternal damnation.



Now, you complaint that I am raising the bar to high and ask if I live what I preach; and the answer is a resounding YES without a shadow of a doubt.  We know that the mind is corrupt and also all flesh and than none of us can do any good, save there is the Holy Ghost in us. For the LORD requires the heart and a willing mind. And at heart we are perfect even as God is perfect and we lie not. And with this power we woefully submit the minds and the flesh to be very obedient in all things unto GOD. This is the very purpose of the everlasting covenant or of being born again, so that the LORD would write in our hearts and in our minds his commandments, laws, status, truth, justice, judgments and mercy so we can finally walk upright and do, see and the talk even as he did. Christ showed us the way the same way that Columbus showed the way for all the colonist and conquistadores after him.
 
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

(Old Testament | Ezekiel 11:17 - 20)

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

(Old Testament | Jeremiah 31:33 - 34)

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

(New Testament | Hebrews 8:7 - 12)


You also brag that Joseph Smith boasted of doing greater works than Christ and this offends you.  But, even if he did boast, he spoke the truth. NO other man has done more for the salvation of men since Adam, except Jesus Christ. And that is the truth. Had Jesus remained in the world with us, then no one would have done greater works than him. The LORD Jesus Christ himself said it did not he?

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

(New Testament | John 14:11 - 13)


It would be unreasonable of a just God to give us commandments and or laws that we cannot keep. He did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it. The old things passed away but the commandments remained.  The nature of the sacrifices changed, we are no longer to offer unto him the blood of rams, lams and goats because that was the law of a broken covenant and he came to fulfill it. And instead he now requires as a sacrifice true repentance or a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

Besides, brethren, as the scriptures claim the commandments are not cumbersome. Has not the LORD said even from ancient times, sanctify yourselves and be ye holy because I am Holy. And did he not say it again when he said be ye perfect even as our father who is in heaven is perfect. And when he was perfected himself after the resurrection did not he say to my fathers in the Book of Mormon, be ye perfect as my father and I are perfect? Now what he did as in the Columbus and the egg examples is viable.  What was impossible is now possible. And it cannot come without a true conversion.

Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

(Old Testament | Leviticus 20:7)

Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.

(Old Testament | 1 Kings 8:61)

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

(New Testament | 1 Peter 1:16)


Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

(New Testament | Matthew 5:48)

And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

(New Testament | Luke 13:32)

For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

(New Testament | 2 Corinthians 13:9)

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

(New Testament | Philippians 3:15)

Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect.

(Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 12:48)



Now, you guys also claim that you have been born again Christians, but that is not true. That is not how the spirit of GOD operates. There is no Christ yet in you. You have barely begun the process of conversion which is a very different animal or nature if you will call it that. Yes, you may have exercised a measure of faith in Jesus Christ unto repentance of your major sins and thus far changed some of your evil ways. You have planted the seed but without the living waters it cannot bear fruit. As soon as the plant springs up in your sterile or dry hearts, it is devoured by the scorching sun. But what you ignore is that the sins remain in you because you will not by the door in the way of life and salvation.  If you had Christ in you or you truly believe in him, you would want to put water in that heart or wash your sins away so it can bear fruit. And since you doubted, the spirit of the devil entered in you and this is why you persecute and attack the saints of GOD. How can you then understand heavenly things, if you would not believe in the temporal things when they are plainly made manifest:


You are kicking against the pricks brethren, even just as Paul did before he saw the light. And you also claim belief in Paul but forsake to do as he did. And the reason because the door is not opened to you is because you do not knock and do not ask. What did Paul ask? He said; LORD WHAT WILL YOU HAVE ME DO? Then he submitted to the LORD went to Ananias, but before that he repented for three days in bitter anguish, with praying and fasting; then the hands were laid on him and he was healed, he was baptized and commissioned with the great commission. Likewise happened with Nicodemus; and  with Cornelius the righteous centurion; and with those during the day of Pentecost. That is the pattern or the example that Christ set. These are the works he requires for our salvation so we can claim grace and mercy and be saved at the last day; here is the law and the testimony:


And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?  And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.  And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias.  And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.  Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name. But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. And when he had received meat, he was strengthened.  Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

(New Testament | Acts 9:6 - 20)

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old?  can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

(New Testament | John 3:3 - 12)


Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judæa, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.  Then answered Peter,

Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.  Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

(New Testament | Acts 10:34 - 48)


Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

(New Testament | Acts 2:37 - 39)


As you see brethren, we not only talk biblical doctrines, we eat and drink them and we know them because we do them. That what we do and preach is Christ, crucified, a stumbling block for the wicked but the power of GOD unto salvation to those who believe whether they are Jews or gentiles for the promised can reach even unto all. In other words unlike most of you so clled Christians, we walk the talk.

Unfortunately, for you the heavens and the mouth of GOD are shut as brass and the earth in your hearts is hard as iron. You do not believe that he can talk to people now as he did anciently. You are as scared of him as the children of Israel were when he begun to talk to them and they could not bear it. Instead they said, this will kill us, no, Moses, we rather want GOD to speak to you and then you speak to us. And is not this eating dust or the dust of dead meat? You want to know God with your mind and flesh but not with your heart.  You believe in the dead prophets but you do not believe in the living ones.  With this you are saying that God is not a god of miracles but partial god that was kind and merciful enough to talk to the ancients but not us. Is that the god that say that he is the same yesterday, today and forever? In other words, you only believe or merely know about the mortal and dead Christ and not in the living one. Anything else escapes your mind and intellect like broken cisterns or clouds that cannot hold any water or in a continual state of apostasy. You are building your faith in a broken covenant languishing in dead works. And this is why you never come to the knowledge of the truth.  


Now when you do the things that he did or his good works, only then you will begin to know him as he truly is.


The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

(Old Testament | Isaiah 24:5)

For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

(Old Testament | Isaiah 60:2)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:23)

Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD. For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

(Old Testament | Jeremiah 2:12 - 13)



And this is my witness, and the witness is true because I speak with the authority of our father in heaven. Jesus Christ came to the world with perfect attributes of truth, grace, justice and mercy so we can put our trust in him. And if we do, we will do all that he commands us for he never gives a commandment unto the children men without first preparing the way before them so that they can accomplish what he has commanded. His thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways are not our ways, nor does the words that proceeds out of his mouth return unto him empty without fulfilling that which he had intended. And he has said and decreed, repent all of you ends of the earth and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of he Holy Ghost so that you may be found spotless before me in the last day. And unless we all do this we cannot be saved for nothing impure can dwell in his presence. For the LORD has spoken it and this is the commandment

Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day. Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do; Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

(Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 27:20 - 22)

Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me. And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil— And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their works.

And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world. And he that endureth not unto the end, the same is he that is also hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence they can no more return, because of the justice of the Father.

And this is the word which he hath given unto the children of men.  And for this cause he fulfilleth the words which he hath given, and he lieth not, but fulfilleth all his words. And no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom; therefore nothing entereth into his rest save it be those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faith, and the repentance of all their sins, and their faithfulness unto the end.

(Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 27:13 - 19)


These things are true and faithful; I humbly declare them and record them or seal them on earth and in heaven. And I do it with a single eye for the honor and glory of God. And I do it as one having authority, in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Yours truly from an unworthy servant in the hands of Christ

Miguel Angel Tinoco Rodriguez



Wherefore, fear and tremble, O ye people, for what I the Lord have decreed in them shall be fulfilled. And verily I say unto you, that they who go forth, bearing these tidings unto the inhabitants of the earth, to them is power given to seal both on earth and in heaven, the unbelieving and rebellious; Yea, verily, to seal them up unto the day when the wrath of God shall be poured out upon the wicked without measure—  Unto the day when the Lord shall come to recompense unto every man according to his work, and measure to every man according to the measure which he has measured to his fellow man.

Wherefore the voice of the Lord is unto the ends of the earth, that all that will hear may hear:  Prepare ye, prepare ye for that which is to come, for the Lord is nigh; And the anger of the Lord is kindled, and his sword is bathed in heaven, and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth. And the arm of the Lord shall be revealed; and the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord, neither the voice of his servants, neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles, shall be cut off from among the people; For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant; They seek not the Lord to establish his righteousness, but every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which waxeth old and shall perish in Babylon, even Babylon the great, which shall fall.

Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments; And also gave commandments to others, that they should proclaim these things unto the world; and all this that it might be fulfilled, which was written by the prophets— The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh— But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world; That faith also might increase in the earth; That mine everlasting covenant might be established; That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:7 - 23)



1 comment:

  1. Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their language, that they might come to understanding. And inasmuch as they erred it might be made known;



    And inasmuch as they sought wisdom they might be instructed;



    And inasmuch as they sinned they might be chastened, that they might repent;



    And inasmuch as they were humble they might be made strong, and blessed from on high, and receive knowledge from time to time.



    And after having received the record of the Nephites, yea, even my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., might have power to translate through the mercy of God, by the power of God, the Book of Mormon.



    And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased, speaking unto the church collectively and not individually— For I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance; Nevertheless, he that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven; And he that repents not, from him shall be taken even the light which he has received; for my Spirit shall not always strive with man, saith the Lord of Hosts.



    And again, verily I say unto you, O inhabitants of the earth: I the Lord am willing to make these things known unto all flesh; For I am no respecter of persons, and will that all men shall know that the day speedily cometh; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand, when peace shall be taken from the earth, and the devil shall have power over his own dominion. And also the Lord shall have power over his saints, and shall reign in their midst, and shall come down in judgment upon Idumea, or the world.



    Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled. What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same. For behold, and lo, the Lord is God, and the Spirit beareth record, and the record is true, and the truth abideth forever and ever. Amen.



    (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:24 - 39)


    ReplyDelete