Friday, January 3, 2014

Can ye be angry and not sin: let not the sun go down upon your wrath







Zion and Jerusalem, January 3rd 2014


Can ye be angry and not sin: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

(JST New Testament | Ephesians 4:26)


School Thy Feelings, O My Brother –

Thomas S. Monson - October 2009 General Conference

 



“We’ve all felt anger. It can come when things don’t turn out the way we want. It might be a reaction to something which is said of us or to us. We may experience it when people don’t behave the way we want them to behave. Perhaps it comes when we have to wait for something longer than we expected. We might feel angry when others can’t see things from our perspective. There seem to be countless possible reasons for anger.

To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible.

May we make a conscious decision, each time such a decision must be made, to refrain from anger and to leave unsaid the harsh and hurtful things we may be tempted to say.”



The world says that Anger is normal, but that Resentment is a killer. We need to understand the difference because as I live and as we speak, the anger of the LORD is kindled and his sword is bathed in heaven and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth.


Prepare ye, prepare ye for that which is to come, for the Lord is nigh; And the anger of the Lord is kindled, and his sword is bathed in heaven, and it shall fall upon the inhabitants of the earth.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:12 - 13)


I heard the same counsel that President Monson gave to the priesthood last Sunday from our Local Branch President also but in different words or context. We also need to threat each other with more kindness, as President Hunter also said and use softer words and so forth as the scriptures make it manifest. It is quite a challenge for me, but I am in this boat with my brethren and the LORD does not command anything for us to do without preparing the way before us.

It is desolating and sickening as a vexation to the soul hearing or reading in the news that only one third of Americans believe in GOD, especially within the rising generation. There are a lot of angry people out there and they do not need one more, especially from our ranks unless the spirit of the LORD is in us to reprove with sharpness.  It’s going to be a challenge for many of us all, but we can do it.

As per the argument with Sister Marsh and Sister Harry, not only dishonesty, but ill will or rebellion and theft can be spotted among other things. And as president Monson denominated it was all as a result of or induced to anger. I tremble in my bones when I recall the words of the Angel Moroni to Joseph Smith before the book of Mormon was delivered. He said, as I recall, that the time is not here, but it will shortly come to pass that the prophecy given to Moses of future prophets, and also in the book of The acts of the Apostles and 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon and last but not least in the Book of Commandments or D & C in which is time and again written that all those who will nor hear the word of the LORD and do not pay attention to the words of the servants of GOD, and of the prophets and apostles will be cut off from among the people.  I believe that that time is at hand.  For of this is plainly written:


And the arm of the Lord shall be revealed; and the day cometh that they who will not hear the voice of the Lord, neither the voice of his servants, neither give heed to the words of the prophets and apostles, shall be cut off from among the people; For they have strayed from mine ordinances, and have broken mine everlasting covenant; They seek not the Lord to establish his righteousness, but every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which waxeth old and shall perish in Babylon, even Babylon the great, which shall fall.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:14 - 16)







Yea, thus saith the still small voice, which whispereth through and pierceth all things, and often times it maketh my bones to quake while it maketh manifest, saying: And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God; While that man, who was called of God and appointed, that putteth forth his hand to steady the ark of God, shall fall by the shaft of death, like as a tree that is smitten by the vivid shaft of lightning. And all they who are not found written in the book of remembrance shall find none inheritance in that day, but they shall be cut asunder, and their portion shall be appointed them among unbelievers, where are wailing and gnashing of teeth.

These things I say not of myself; therefore, as the Lord speaketh, he will also fulfil. And they who are of the High Priesthood, whose names are not found written in the book of the law, or that are found to have apostatized, or to have been cut off from the church, as well as the lesser priesthood, or the members, in that day shall not find an inheritance among the saints of the Most High; Therefore, it shall be done unto them as unto the children of the priest, as will be found recorded in the second chapter and sixty–first and second verses of Ezra.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 85:6 - 12)



Many People claim that I am too harsh when I preach the gospel or reprove with the law and the testimony and equity in my hand.  But I only expound the scriptures, who speak is the LORD our Righteousness.  And the very same thing was said of Brigham Young in the pioneer days, that he was to sever or harsh in speech when preaching.  And I can use no wiser words than those used by President Young to say that Joseph Smith was not half as harsh as the LORD and that he Brigham Young “was not half the man Joseph Smith was in severity.  And I concur with him my brethren, because not many days ago, as a matter of fact, in the drams of the night vision, Joseph Smith came to my home in disguise as my best friend whose name Jose, and I rushed to give him my hand to salute him, but he refused. And before I got closer to him to shake his hand, I asked him, Jose, perdona mis ofensas, or Joseph forgive me my trespasses;  and he could not refuse to give me his hand to which he did gladly. And when I saw him, I saw him very, very tall, inasmuch that I was not half the man that he was. And now I say it to you all and I lie not.



For, verily I say that the rebellious are not of the blood of Ephraim, wherefore they shall be plucked out. Behold, I, the Lord, have made my church in these last days like unto a judge sitting on a hill, or in a high place, to judge the nations. For it shall come to pass that the inhabitants of Zion shall judge all things pertaining to Zion. And liars and hypocrites shall be proved by them, and they who are not apostles and prophets shall be known.

And even the bishop, who is a judge, and his counselors, if they are not faithful in their stewardships shall be condemned, and others shall be planted in their stead.

For, behold, I say unto you that Zion shall flourish, and the glory of the Lord shall be upon her; And she shall be an ensign unto the people, and there shall come unto her out of every nation under heaven. And the day shall come when the nations of the earth shall tremble because of her, and shall fear because of her terrible ones.  The Lord hath spoken it.  Amen.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 64:36 - 43)



Wherefore, seeing that I, the Lord, have decreed all these things upon the face of the earth, I will that my saints should be assembled upon the land of Zion; And that every man should take righteousness in his hands and faithfulness upon his loins, and lift a warning voice unto the inhabitants of the earth; and declare both by word and by flight that desolation shall come upon the wicked.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 63:36 - 37)




Wherefore, fear and tremble, O ye people, for what I the Lord have decreed in them shall be fulfilled. And verily I say unto you, that they who go forth, bearing these tidings unto the inhabitants of the earth, to them is power given to seal both on earth and in heaven, the unbelieving and rebellious; Yea, verily, to seal them up unto the day when the wrath of God shall be poured out upon the wicked without measure— Unto the day when the Lord shall come to recompense unto every man according to his work, and measure to every man according to the measure which he has measured to his fellow man.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:7 - 10)




For I am no respecter of persons, and will that all men shall know that the day speedily cometh; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand, when peace shall be taken from the earth, and the devil shall have power over his own dominion. And also the Lord shall have power over his saints, and shall reign in their midst, and shall come down in judgment upon Idumea, or the world.

Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.

What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

For behold, and lo, the Lord is God, and the Spirit beareth record, and the record is true, and the truth abideth forever and ever.  Amen.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:35 - 39)

These things I leave with you humbly and meekly, having I need to learn from them myself for I am full of infirmity. And I do so, with the knowledge that I currently have to the best of my ability and with the only desire to serve GOD with a single eye for his honor and glory in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Attentively Yours from an worthy servant in the hands of Christ

Miguel Angel Tinoco Rodriguez




1 comment:

  1. • Deuteronomy 18:15
    The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

    • Deuteronomy 18:18
    I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

    • Acts 3:22
    For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

    • Acts 7:37
    This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

    • 3 Nephi 20:23
    Behold, I am he of whom Moses spake, saying: A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass that every soul who will not hear that prophet shall be cut off from among the people.

    • Nephi 22:20
    And the Lord will surely prepare a way for his people, unto the fulfilling of the words of Moses, which he spake, saying: A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass that all those who will not hear that prophet shall be cut off from among the people.

    • 2 Nephi 25:5
    Yea, and my soul delighteth in the words of Isaiah, for I came out from Jerusalem, and mine eyes hath beheld the things of the Jews, and I know that the Jews do understand the things of the prophets, and there is none other people that understand the things which were spoken unto the Jews like unto them, save it be that they are taught after the manner of the things of the Jews.

    ReplyDelete