Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.


  
Zion and Jerusalem, May 22, 2013

My fellow servants see the salvation of the LORD



The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

(Old Testament | Isaiah 52:10)


The Priesthood of Aaron
Gordon B. Hinckley
Counselor in the First Presidency





My fellow servants see the salvation of the LORD. Today I prayed fervently to ask the LORD for forgiveness, for guidance and for hope and comfort. I told him that with all my heart that without him or his aid and power I could not make it one more day. I told my Father in heaven, that I did not understand why it is so difficult for us as his priests to remain unspotted from the world without being guide by the hand of the LORD or thru the ministry of his holy angels.


Today, I truly summoned the powers of heavens for some assistance in my trials and tribulations, and finished my prayer heating my chest like the sinner that did likewise and could not look up to heaven of whom the LORD spoke in one of his sermons during his mortal ministry. Then I came here, that is to the scriptures and to the church web site to find answers.  

THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

THE HOLY SCRIPTURES

I read article about the priesthood from the church of Jesus Christ that lead me to another article where I found the words that President Hinckley spoke in a priesthood conference when I was but twelve years old. I do not think I ever heard such a talk then, but I remembered my childhood when I was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic priesthood; and even I am some forty years old now, yet, I did the experiment he required of the youth then by President Hinckley. I stood up read aloud the words of John the Baptist where he says: Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Jesu Christ, I confer the Aaronic priesthood, which holds the keys of the gospel of repentance, of the ministry of angels and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins. And this priesthood shall not be taken from the earth again, until the sons of Levi, offer again an offerings in righteousness unto the LORD.

Here it is the way it is actually written:


UPON you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah I confer the Priesthood of Aaron, which holds the keys of the ministering of angels, and of the gospel of repentance, and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and this shall never be taken again from the earth, until the sons of Levi do offer again an offering unto the Lord in righteousness.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 13:1)


Then I read all the rest of the remarks from President Hinckley, then councilor in the first presidency. And when I finished, I felt that I had been administered by angel or angels; or better yet, I had his words given by him some thirty years in advance. And now I want to be the first person to share them with you. In the name of Mesiah, amen.
Attentively Yours

From an unworthy servant in the hands of Christ.

Miguel Angel Tinoco Rodriguez




No comments:

Post a Comment